Saturday, April 14, 2007

Hamster Tales

Here’s a conversation between Nev’s Uncle and a Vet about a poor little hamster

Uncle: “Hi, My hamster seems to be sick. He is very sluggish, doesn’t move around much and is sleepy all the time.”
Vet: “I am free on Tuesday. Bring him in and I’ll take a look.”
Typical Indian Uncle: “Ok, Hmm… How much will it cost …. ?
Vet (without missing a heartbeat): “65 dollars.”
Really Typical Indian Uncle thinking to himself: “Damn! I could have got 4 hamsters for the same price.”
Vet: “By the way, how old is your hamster.”
Uncle (who is now thinking of the 65 dollars and missing work for half a day): “Huh, He is about …. Not sure … 29 months I think.”
Vet: “Are you sure? If that’s correct, then forget about bringing him here. He lived his age you know… most hamsters live for only 2 years. Find a proper burial site for him.”

I don't think Uncle was elated at saving 65 dollars. Sometimes there isn't any good news at all... just good memories.

The old hamster passed away and got a decent burial in the backyard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home