Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Lil White dog

A lil white dog walked in my yard,
all frail and tired and seemingly hungry,
I watched it sniff around for food,
and then it saw me.

I peered into its eyes and wondered,
What is she thinking?
Shouldn't this dog be afraid of me
Lest I throw a stone and hurt it.

But No!, she stood there all still,
and I watched it sit on her heels.
She opened her mouth to bark at me,
But all I heard was a silent whine.

My heart melted at this sight,
as one of God's creatures lay by my side.
I scurried across to grab something to eat,
and a bowl with some milk in it.

I watched the lil doggie muster all her strength,
as it stood up and nibbled at the food.
I watched her stand up and lap all the milk,
And when she was done she gave a loud woof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home